Name: Knauf EcoBatt
Knauf EcoBatt® Insulation doesn’t look like any insulation you’ve ever seen, but that’s because its natural brown color represents a level of sustainability we've never before achieved. Highlights
The color comes from ECOSE® Technology, a revolutionary, new sustainable binder born from five years of intensive research. Based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals commonly used in other insulation products, ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%, and does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors used to make traditional fiberglass insulation.
- Made primarily from sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources
- Contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors
- Contains a minimum of 30% post-consumer recycled glass content
- Thermally Efficient
- Excellent insulating value
- Reduces airborne sound transmission
- Certified for indoor air quality as a low emitting product by The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute®, to both the GREENGUARD Certification ProgramSM and the more stringent GREENGUARD For Children and SchoolsSM standard, and also passes California CHPS Section 01350.